ServSafe Certification Course
The Center for Food and Agri Business (CFA) runs ServSafe Certification Course thrice a year in collaboration with Ecolab Philippines. ServSafe is a one-day training course with certification exam. It is a widely-recognized food safety program registered under the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association based in Chicago, U.S.A. The certificate, which is valid for 5 years for successful examinees, is useful for food handlers who want to work in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
ServSafe provides high-quality education and training for all levels of employees of the restaurant, food service and hospitality industry. It enables participants to learn science-based information on how to run a safe establishment by focusing on all aspects of handling food.
What you will learn in this course:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- Food Safety Management Systems
Antonio “ Anthony” I. Herrera Jr.
- Mr. Herrera has joined Ecolab in 2002 and currently the Technical Manager (Lead Chemist) of Research and Development Department of Ecolab Philippines, Inc.
- He is an active ServSafe Instructor and Proctor (Reg#2062476) since 2004, thus conducting ServSafe trainings for 13 years now.
- Mr. Herrera holds a master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the De La Salle University in 2014.
- He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Science in Food Technology from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines in 2000.
Certification Course details:
Date: March 20, 2018
Time: Registration starts at 8am; lecture will start at 9am and will end at 3:50pm. Certification exam will start at 4:00pm.
Venue: University of Asia and the Pacific, Pearl Drive, Ortigas
Inclusions: One day training with certification exam, latest ServSafe Manager 6th Edition book, lunch, snacks, exam fee, certificate (for successful examinees)
Detailed Course Outline:
I. Providing Safe Food
II. Forms of Contamination
III. The Safe Food Handler
IV. The Flow of Food: An Introduction
V. The Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, Storage
VI. The Flow of Food: Preparation
VII. The Flow of Food: Service
VIII. Food Safety Management Systems
IX. Safe Facilities and Pest Management
X. Cleaning and Sanitizing
Do you want to be certified? You can call us at (02) 637-0912 local 247/345 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look for Joy, Ann or Tricia.
Be among the participants who will be trained with the latest book, ServSafe Manager Book 7th Edition.
You can register online here.
In collaboration with: